MENU

Fire in Houston Blamed on Inflatable Gorilla

The Associated Press

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






HOUSTON – Fire department officials said an out-of-control inflatable gorilla was blamed for a rooftop blaze at a Houston shopping center. No injuries were reported in the fire early Thursday. The remnants of the inflatable gorilla were seen at the site.

District Chief Fred Hooker said some type of a “blowup doll” was on the roof, the item deflated and landed on some lights, leading to the fire.

Fire authorities said two stores suffered minor water damage. Part of the rooftop also was seen to have suffered fire damage.

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






The Student News Source of the University of New Haven
Fire in Houston Blamed on Inflatable Gorilla